Should we all be a little Antichrist?


Should we all be a little Antichrist?
Let me first state that I am not a literalist, nor do I believe in anything supernatural. I also have little respect for those who do believe that fantasies and supernatural entities are real.
Let me also say that I have a love/hate view of Jesus because I see more than one Jesus in the Christian myths. One is the Roman pacifist stooge who would slave us to governments and religions, and another, the one I like, the Gnostic Jesus, who wants to free us from religions.
When I read the words of Jesus, I think that, for his time, his policies are not particularly bad, but by today’s standards they are downright immoral. What I find particularly immoral are Jesus’ no divorce and substitutional punishment policies. Bishop Spong speaks to that last issue in this link and shows his concern that that policy will kill Christianity as it indicates rather conclusively that god is infantiocidal, unjust, and cannot forgive man without the shedding of blood which goes against the notions of justice as well as against scriptures that say god wants obedience and not sacrifices, bloody or otherwise.
Do you think Bishop Spong to be an Antichrist?
There are many more tenets put into Jesus’ mouth by Rome that are also of dubious moral value but the two issues I mentioned lead the immoral pack.
I invite Christians to lovingly correct me, should I be wrong, as your bible says you should.
Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
I invite you to test your belief in the morality of Jesus’ policies.
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
I will take the Antichrist position for a debate if you would like to engage.
Regards
DL



Comments

FACT CHECKER

Search results